Search & Win

Friday, November 30, 2012

Stamps Questions

Well, I am still working heavily in my Stamps family and I am curious to know if anyone has proof of the following relationships in their files.

The following children of John Stamps and Purthenia Dodson:
1.  Nathan Stamps
2.  Joseph Stamps
3.  Martin Stamps

I do not doubt Nathan's kinship with this family, but am reluctant to include him based on circumstantial evidence, like having a son with the middle name of Dodson and his son being mentioned in letters as a cousin to other Stamps known to be in the John / Purthenia line.

I do not have any records in my files connecting those three children with John and Purthenia.  Any information concerning them will be helpful!

The following children of William Stamps (son of John and Purthenia).
1.  William Stamps
2.  Thomas Norman Stamps
3.  Jefferson Stamps
4.  Vianna Stamps

I do not have any records for this family.

The following children of James Stamps and Sarah Betty Davis
1.  Melissa Stamps
2.  Angelina Stamps
3.  Samuel Stamps
4.  Lucinda Stamps
5.  Nathan Stamps

I know that Angelina and Samuel are siblings since Samuel's children are living with her in 1860.  Any further records appreciated!

The following children of Hosea Stamps and Catherine Ector
1.  Jetta Stamps
2.  Drucilla Stamps
3.  William Edward Stamps
4.  Jane Stamps
5.  Eliza Ann Stamps

I would appreciate any records linking these children to their parents!

I have used the work of Will Stamps as a basis for most of my own Stamps research.  Most of what are in his files are accurate and I have been able to verify much of his information on my own.  The above are just a few that I have not been able to verify from his work.

Thank you so much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment